Friday, May 2, 2014

My Strange Claymation Stop Motion Dream.

   I have to say I have not seen a claymattion or Stop Motion movie in many years. I think the last such movie I saw was Mysterious Island and that was stop motion and had to have been ten years ago. Last night I had the strangest dream in a claymation motion stop style. The dream started out normal LOL or what I call normal I should say. I was in a hurry to get someplace and had overslept so I was rushing around gulping coffee at the same time I was putting on my clothes and that's when it happened like the music video from the 80's Sledgehammer by Peter Gabriel suddenly I had four arms and one was buttering toast another was making my second cup of coffee another was brushing my teeth and the last was picking out my wardrobe. After each appendage had done its job it shrank back into my body.

   I soon stood ready at the front door of a house I have never seen and my car pulled up by itself and I got in. At first the car was like a Flintstones Shleprock car so I revved up my feet Flintstones sounds included and away I went. I stopped at a red light and the car changed to a 1966 Mustang and when the light turned green I dropped it into gear and left the cars behind me in a cloud of smoke from my burning rubber. The scenery around me was all claymation and looked like something out of a Doctor Seuss book. The road signs had strange sayings like {You can find magic wherever you look just sit back relax all you need is a shnook. I was like what the hell is a shnook? that seemed to make me angry that I did not know what a schnook was.

   I turned to the left and the car started to spin around and around everything in sight became a blur. The car slid to a stop as if parallel parking and I found myself in a large traffic jamb. All the cars were made of clay or a nurf substance. The people got so mad that the traffic jamb was not moving that  they started smashing into one another and that made them bounce off of one another and the whole scene changed into a huge Pinball Machine nurf cars bouncing around in every direction lights flashing pinging noises, bells ringing as the cars bounced off the Pinball bumpers and each other. My car was heading for the huge pin ball paddles but I swerved to miss them and passed them by thus sending me down the hole and inside the dark inner belly of the machine. I could hear the song from Pink Floyd playing soft at first but it became louder WELCOME TO THE MACHINE.

    My car was being bounced around inside shinny silver tubes turning right then left faster and faster then suddenly I could see light and my car now turning into an RV tour buss shot out of the pinball machine and I landed on route 66 and everything around looked like the 1950's I laughed at the gas price listed it was like 25 cents or something very cheap.

   There were people dancing all up and down the road doing the jitter bug dressed in 1950's garb and for some reason I started running them down with the RV and laughing like some deranged nut job and saying that is 50 points as I marked kill points on a chalk board. People were flying in the air as I hit them with the RV. The ones I hit turned into zombies and started hanging on the side of the RV trying to get in. I speed up and soon was on a section of the road that was like a desert nothing but Sun,sand and pavement could be seen for miles. All the 1950's zombies lost their grip and had fallen off bouncing on the road as they hit.

    The RV turned into and Army deuce and a half and the shifter was stuck so I was grinding the hell out of it to get it in gear.  The soldiers in the back were yelling at me (if you cant find it grind it) that pissed me off so I hit a lever and it lifted the back up like a dump truck and sent them all sprawling on the road I could see them in my side mirror jump up and start chasing after me. I got the deuce and half in gear and sped off flipping them off as I left them in the dessert.

  The vehicle went back to a Flintstones car  and was going very fast I could see ahead the road had collapsed into a large sink hole so I put my bare feet down on the road trying to stop but the pavement burnt them and I could not stop. The car and I dropped into the sink hole and I could feel myself drooping.

   I woke up just as I hear the voice of Ray Harryhausen or what I thought was his voice say CUT! that's a wrap! thank you all for your help, this motion picture is in the can.  I woke up and thought What the hell was that? and the dream has stuck with me the rest of the day. It seemed so real even though it was mostly claymation and nonsensical. Proof I am crazy? Maybe or the fact my creative juices are backing up?  maybe my cold has infected my brain? What ever it was it was just down right strange, very strange!              

No comments:

Post a Comment