Saturday, October 14, 2017

Darkness meets Light

   It was my favorite little bar that I would go after work to sit watch the TV and have a few drinks to unwind. I had been going there for about a year and knew many of the others there by name. The bar tender would greet me when I walked in and knew just what I would be drinking a rum and coke no fricking lime. I did not talk much while there just sat and drank my drinks and let the world and all my troubles melt away all the shit from work the bills etc felt good not to have to think.
   It was a Saturday as I sat working on my 3rd rum and coke the first time we locked eyes from across the bar I smiled then went back to my own little world. Soon I found myself looking over again to see if they were still there. Once again locked eyes and smiled. I finished my 4th drink and  payed my bill and left. I found myself thinking back to those blue eyes and as I walked home I smiled to myself.
  Each day after work I found myself once again sitting at my usual spot drinking my drink and when I would looked up there were those blue eyes looking back at me. For weeks this game of looking smiling then acting as if we had no interest in talking. Yes this went on for weeks then the bar tender watching this cat and mouse game decided it was time to push us together and made the introductions this is so and so and this is so and so. We would sit that day and talk for hours about life our pasts our dreams it was electric even though we did not see eye to eye on things we were open minded enough to see why the other felt and believed the way they did.
   Let us fast forward to a month later as we moved into an apartment together and combined our lives  and our belongings into a small two room shoe box of space . Our styles and tastes in furnishings were different like night and day I was in a minimal point in my life less was more yet here was this person who saved everything and loved bright colors and to display everything in the open. It would be a challenge but some how we worked through it. For a year things between these two beings me as the night in a dark part of my life full of depression darkness and doubt and the other being as the day bright and ready to explode with bright color love and light went on day to day. 
   Over time the dark being soon deprived the awesome colorful being of its light and smothered it so it was unable to shine. The dark being slowly sucked the life force from the bright being changed the bright being to grey dragging them down into the darkness a little each day.
   After a year the now grey being needed to break free before being dragged all the way down into the blackness of the dark being.  So once again the dark one was alone unable to understand what happened to that bright colorful light with those beautiful blue eyes. But deep inside had knowledge of why the bright being needed to be free. The dark being felt jealousy towards the bright one for breaking away and living life in the sun. Why oh why could the dark one not break away?  
   

No comments:

Post a Comment