Friday, May 2, 2014

Sunrise Brings Back Memories

   When I bought my house there was a large deck on the back side of the house that I built a metal roof awning over to keep the rain off me while setting on the deck and working on my paintings. The plan was just an awning over a small portion of the deck leaving the rest of the deck so I could soak up some sun now and then, the small awning grew into a large awning and before I was done covered the whole deck. I was very happy with this until the winds started blowing and making it impossible to paint on the deck were I live I have open farm fields all around me with no trees as wind breakers the winds howl through often and hard. So my little awning that grew into a large awning soon became an enclosure with windows all around or as many call it a sun porch.

   I mention all this only to give you an idea of my surroundings when I awoke very early this morning to find I had fallen asleep crunched up on the small couch on the sun porch last night. It was still very dark and I was not sure of the time so I went in to the kitchen to look at the clock and it was six in the morning. I put some wood in the furnace pored myself a cup of coffee and made that morning stop in the bathroom then walked back out to the sun porch, I pulled up one of the shades and flipped on the outside light to see if it had rained last night to find out in fact it had. The rain had drenched everything and was pooling up in some areas and was still raining.

   I opened up the rest of the shades and as I was pulling the last one open I could see the sun had slightly lit the sky just enough that you could see the outline of the trees on the far side of the open field. It still seems strange to see the fields bare of the rows of corn that once stood there only a few months ago. As the warmer weather starts to be more prevalent it warms my inner self to know soon the flowers will bloom and the trees will be full of leaves and the humming birds will return to buzz around the yard flitting from feeder to flower then buzz of to some unseen nest to start a new group of the little dive bombers. If their feeders get empty they buzz my head as if to say HEY! buddy you need to refill the feeders and now would not be soon enough.      

 I watched the sun rise slowly making the sky red and orange with a blaze of color. I realize how lucky I am to be living were I am and to have the chance to view such beauty. I look for my camera to catch it only to find the batteries dead and by the time I find some new ones the colors are all gone. I set and ponder to myself how fast life passes even when we are unable to notice. This brings my mind to people who have passed through my life and brings a smile to my face remembering so many good times. I have been blessed in my life to have had many good people to spend moments in my life with. I hear many say people only remember you when they want something. I feel just the fact they need me is a blessing but. knowing the fine line between being needed and being used is the conundrum.  Life happens and people get busy and are trying to live their own lives they might not be right by my side but they will always be in my heart and i hope when they think of me a smile comes to their face and lightens what ever load they are dealing with. 

   And I owe all those thoughts to the beautiful sunrise that was provided for my viewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment