Saturday, December 3, 2016

Dave Is Back Back Again Dave Is Back Tell A Friend

  Wow it was this time last year the last time I wrote anything in my Blog. I have been keeping my self busy with my new Quilting addiction. I am still unable to work a job so my money is still tight and I have to do everything on the cheap. A couple of my friends gave me sewing machines that I can use to sew and the material I use is old clothing I cut up to make my squares. If someone had told me a few years back I would be quilting I would have said they were flipping nuts. I am only able to do the tops of the Quilts I still need to learn how to quilt them but for now I am happy just making the tops.
   I wonder some times why I even write in this blog talking about my life to people who do not even know me. I guess its a kind of therapy I am unable to get away from the house due to health problems so I spend a lot of time alone. The other people in the house are not big talkers and when they do its about illness or their pains so I feel I want to scream SHUT UP!!! So I guess the Blog is a way to dump the shit that rattles around in my head and get it out.
   I was always a very social person and liked being around people but as the years go on I have become less and less interested in having contact with the outside world. I find I love being around animals more than humans.  I have also noticed that when I am out say in a store I have become very uncomfortable in crowds. I may have mentioned this before in my blog I can not remember what I have talked about so forgive me if I am rehashing something.
   I am not be crazy about the recent outcome of our election here in the US and was not crazy about who we had to chose from but I am glad it is over.  I am forever an optimist so I am hoping all will turn out for the good. It was hard for me to watch as my friends and family ripped into each other over this election and many stopped talking to each other. The United states from the votes looks to be split almost in half in their way of thinking and still the battles rage on. I sit back and watch and try to keep my mouth shut and keep my opinions to myself. I used to spend a lot of time on Face Book it was my place to go and keep in touch with the world but with this political war going on found the fun of it was sucked completely out of it. So I took some time away from it and often found myself wanting to check in and see what was going on but the few times I did nothing had changed the political madness raged on.
   Then I found a quilting page on Face Book and found other people who shared my addiction and started learning new things from the members in that group. I was able to finish two quilt tops and started working on a new one. The new quilt top has proved to be more work than I thought and will take me a while to finish. This quilt top I am working on is made from using scrap material the stuff that most of the time is tossed in the trash bin. I am sewing it together in a random pattern and will decide how it will go together as I go.
   I have noticed that I am eating less food it just does not even interest me I am doing so just so I do not get sicker. I try to keep up on drinking enough water but know often I do not. Have not been sleeping well my mind will not shut down at night when I should be asleep. I went to the doctor to see if it was something to worry about and was told it is common with age. I so hate going to the doctor these days it seems they are all young and have no idea what it is to age. I get some satisfaction knowing it will happen to them some day hell I am only 50 I think to myself. Then I think how many in my family have passed away in their 70's.
  So if I follow their lead 70's that means I have 20 more years give or take. How the hell did I get here? life just blew past me and much of it is a blur.
  Well enough of that no need to get all depressed after all it is the Holidays Ha! the Holidays when we are all so happy insert sarcasm emoji here. I remember as a kid being so excited about Christmas and even on in years I used to decorate and love all the foods etc. The past few years I have decorated less and less and now could care less if I even have a tree.  Dragging all that shit out is just a chore and one I just do not care to do. I know I hear you saying Humbug and I get it. I wish I was more into it just is not that big of a deal.
  In the past I would make out my Christmas cards while passing out Halloween candy then put them in the mail a few days after Thanksgiving. Now I am lucky to even get them out for Christmas.
   So now that I have you all cheered up and ready for the Holidays 8-) I would like to wish all a blessed and pleasant Holiday what ever you celebrate. Be good to one another and spread love not hate.     

No comments:

Post a Comment